Who we are
Feather River Tourism Association is responsible for the content on https://www.plumascounty.org
This privacy statement has been updated as of 10/28/2022
Information Collection and Treatment
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, or website?
We collect your email when you subscribe to our newsletter, answer a survey or complete a form on our site.
Online Survey Information
FRTA may occasionally conduct surveys on its website, to participate the user may be required to supply personally identifiable information. FRTA utilizes the information provided subject to usage as described in “Information Collection and Treatment,” above, and to send that user any compensation promised in exchange for completing the survey.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication.
• To administer a contest, promotion, or survey.
• To send periodic marketing emails.
• To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
How do we protect your information?
- We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards.
- We do not collect credit card information, nor process credit card payment transactions.
- We do have an SSL certificate
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Disclosure for Legal Purposes
We may be required to share your personally identifiable information and non-personally identifiable information pursuant to judicial or governmental subpoenas, warrants or orders. If we are legally required to do so, or, in good faith believe that we are legally required to do so, we will obey the law. In addition, we reserve the right to use, disclose and share your personal and non-personal information in order to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person or as otherwise required by law.
- We have not enabled Google AdSense on our site but we may do so in the future.
- We do use Google Analytics, however it does not track IP addresses and information collected is anonymous.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
Users can visit our site anonymously.
How to . make changes your personal information
• By emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
- We will notify you via email within 7 business days
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
• Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
• Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
• Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
• Include the mailing address of our business or site headquarters.
• Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
• Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
• Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
How to Opt in/Opt Out
To opt in sign-in for our newsletters on our website. Newsletter sign -up can be found at the bottom of most pages in the fat footer. “Signup for Update”
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails.
- You can email us at email@example.com
- Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
Feather River Tourism Association
P.O. Box 1807
Chester, Ca 96020