Unplug and leave your worries behind
Experience the natural beauty of our mountain paradise above and beyond the hectic pace of everyday life. Surround yourself with towering pines and firs, rugged mountains, crystalline lakes, and verdant, sprawling valleys.
From getting lost in the forest to taking a plunge in our crisp mountain lakes, Plumas County offers countless activities. The only hard part is having to decide what to do.
Whether you’re passing through on a road trip of Northern California or are planning an extended stay, there’s no shortage of breathtaking places to visit. Be sure to take your time and savor the diverse landscapes each region has to offer.
Outfitters & Guides
Make sure your next outdoor adventure will be a success with some of the best guides Northern California has to offer!
Mike Pease is an Orvis endorsed fly-fishing guide, owner of Mike Pease Adventures and founder of the Feather River Fly Fishing School.
4 seasons of adventure
Plumas County is a year-round destination with something for everyone. Escape the crowds and immerse yourself in the outdoors.
KEEP PLUMAS COUNTY CLEAN, GREEN & WILD
We love welcoming visitors to create lifelong memories on our beautiful lands and in our unique communities. Take the Plumas Pledge to help us care for the health of our natural places and the well-being of our communities while visiting Plumas County.
take the plumas pledge!
- Prioritize wildfire prevention
- Leave places as you found them
- Pack out all of your trash—bonus points if you pick up trash left by others!
- Stay on designated trails and camp in designated areas
- Check the weather before heading out
- Be mindful of your energy and resource usage
- Ditch plastic bottles and drink our mountain fresh tap water instead
- Choose locally made products and services from local businesses
- Slow down and enjoy the simple pleasures of life in Plumas