Plumas County is your picture-perfect and affordable Northern California destination wedding location. Nestled in the Sierra Nevada, Plumas County offers everything needed and more to celebrate your Big Day in your unique way.
Choose Your Dream Venue
From budget-friendly lodges and historic barns to all-inclusive mountain resort experiences, our Northern California wedding venues are simply stunning. Whether you are planning an outdoor bohemian theme, classic elegance under the stars, or a rustic, country-style affair, the rural romance of the Sierra Nevada will sweep you off your feet!
From beautiful mountain backdrops to our Frank Lloyd Wright Lodge, Nakoma offers a mountain-modern wedding venue your family and friends will love!
Nature & woodsy charm come together to create an unforgettable setting for your wedding! Housing & meals are available to create a weekend long event.
Specializing in the small intimate wedding. Where you and your guests will all be in one place nestled below Mills Peak.
Wedding on the lake for you? This breathtaking lakefront venue has all of the amenities. Contact Sonja Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 530-259-4646.
A truly all-inclusive, customizable, eco-estate wedding venue nestled in the forest and surrounded by rivers and nature.
Magical 600 acre private ranch with lodge, saloon, restaurant, cabins, activities, horses, lake and a full service kitchen and full service staff.
A three day venue on our 160 acre ranch. Several lawn ceremony & reception areas. Outdoor kitchen, camping, barn, 1 cabin, use of lake.
House is a unique historic Inn located in Old Town of Chester. We offer a beautiful site and many services and amenities to make your special day
The KR family has come together to give your day the unique, magical & special feeling only found when a family welcomes you to their ranch and home.
Plan Your Wedding
Plumas County businesses offer everything a couple needs to plan the perfect wedding and well within budget. From flowers, to delicious local food and Instagram-worthy details, find the team of support to make your vision a reality.
Offering one of a kind gourmet wedding cakes and more. By appointment only. Not a retail location.
I specialize in modern, documentary style wedding photography; creating art from the precious moments of your day for you to cherish for a lifetime.
We provide most wedding services as listed above have done so since 2000. Planning ,invitations ,tuxedo rentals, flowers, plants and arch and stands.
Kim James is a fine art wedding and portrait photographer. In a world where everyone is a photographer, no one does it quite like her.
Carol goes the extra mile when catering your event. She is a delight to work with and will tailor a menu that meets your needs and budget.
Premium DJ & MC service armed with talent, experience & top-quality equipment. Choose from lighting & equipment packages suitable for all events
Unwind before your big day with a private, on-site yoga class. We also offer bridal/bachelorette yoga+brunch events in our cozy mountain studio.
Affordable Wedding Venues
Plumas County has a wedding venue for every budget. Here are some affordable and alternative ideas to jumpstart your creative wedding plan.
- Small, picturesque churches across the county offer wedding services
- Looking to do an outdoor, “pop-up” ceremony? Parks, lake shores, and day-use areas can make for unique and memorable setting
- The Plumas County Courthouse, a lovely historic building in downtown Quincy, performs civil ceremonies by appointment
- The Plumas Sierra County Fairgrounds facility is available for weddings and features on-site camping, a gazebo, and well maintained grounds
Lodging for your Guests
Depending on the size of your wedding and the venue you choose, you may be looking for lodging for your guests and wedding party. Use our Lodging Page to help your guests find exactly what they are looking for.
Food, Wine, and Beer
Before or after the ceremony, there are plenty of unique restaurants and breweries, for the wedding party and guests to celebrate at. Some of these businesses may be able to accommodate rehearsal dinners.
Plumas County is home to a variety of locally-owned and independent restaurants, bars, and pubs. and From casual breakfast cafes to upscale dining experiences, Plumas County has something for everyone.
- Southeast Plumas Brewery Tour: With three local breweries in nearby proximity, take a brewery tour! The Brewing Lair is tucked in the woods with outdoorsy vibes, a disc golf course, and award winning California-style ales. Down the road in Graeagle is the Ronin Fermentation Project offering cutting-edge craft beers in a modern taproom with patio. Then head east to the Chalet View Lodge for full-service dining and Eureka Peak Brewing Company for dinner and a flight of IPAs and pale ales.
- Wagnupa Brewing in Northwest Plumas: Tucked away on the Lake Almanor Peninsula, Waganupa Brewing is a microbrewery offering a wide range of beers, sours, and ales. With a very minimal online presence, this hidden gem is a favorite of Lake Almanor locals.
- Quintopia Brewing in Downtown Quincy: Quintopia Brewing Co. is a fresh take on a mountain town brewery with a tap room and patio featuring easy to drink beers (many lower in alcohol), some hoppy seasonal ales, and flavorful pub food including salads, wraps, and loaded fries. It’s the perfect stop after a day on Bucks Lake or after mountain biking.
- Timber House Brewery: The Timber House gets a new life as a brewery! This renovated travel lodge in Chester features California-style ales, in-house distilled spirits, and a full dining experience. Check out the menu and book a stay today!
While Plumas County is a little high in elevation for wine country, there are still wine tasting options for the wine enthusiasts–this still California after all!
- The Drunk Brush in Quincy: A small wine bar with a big personality featuring weekly live music and a curated wine and beer menu. A great place to meet up with friends or a fun way to start a date before heading to dinner in downtown Quincy.
- The Peak in Graeagle: Nestled in a historic red cottage in Graeagle, The Peak features an outdoor lounge, fire pit, and revolving menu of boutique wines, craft beers and quality cigars. During the summer they have a weekly live music concert series too!
- The Vyne in Blairsden: a wine bar and restaurant serving tapas and seasonal tasting menus. The Vyne is housed in a cute cottage with lots of garden seating and makes a lovely private event space.
More to Explore in Plumas County
Plumas County offers endless outdoor activities, including hiking, fishing, boating, golfing, horseback riding, and mountain biking. Turn your Sierra Nevada destination wedding into an adventure of a lifetime!